Saturday, September 1, 2007

Making it Count

So the New American Dream site I have written about before & I encouraged you all to print out their little wallet buddy, but alas, I don't think any of you did. So I thought I would list what is stated on their wallet buddy and just how NEAT it is.

So here it goes...
Sample Questions to ask yourself before Buying...
  • Is this something I need?
  • Do I already own something that could serve the same purpose?
  • Can I borrow on, find one used, or make one instead of buying new?
  • Was it made locally?
  • Was it made with environmentally preferable materials?
  • Was it made with fair labor practices?
  • Will it serve more then one purpose?
  • Is it made well enough to last a useful length of time?
  • Will it be easy and cost-effective to maintain?
  • Will used it require excessive energy?
  • Does it come in excessive packaging?
  • Can I recycle it or compost it when I'm done with it?
  • If I'm still not sure, can I wait a month before deciding to buy it?

So there you go. Just some impressive questions to ask yourself when you are shopping.

Just gotta love it....Try it!

No comments: