Here are all the things I did today for earth day. (and w/out sounding totally cliche these are things I do daily because everyday should be earth day! man, I can't believe I just wrote that)
- I didn't turn on ANY lights today when I woke up.
- I packed my lunch
- I don't blow dry my hair, its air dry for me (ok thats how I've always done it..)
- I wore my Green is Sexy shirt
- Donned my Goodwill pair of Gap Jeans ($5.99 baby!)
- Made my son wear Green in honor of earth day to which he was like, "Geez MOM!"
- Packed Noah's lunch w/ reusable containers-we only use sandwich baggies for field trips only now a days. But once we run out of those...well...I'll have to be more creative.
- I recycled Noah's cereal box and saved the plastic the cereal was in to use as "wax" paper later
- I didn't let my car warm up; I never do. Its a myth that your car needs to heat up (unless you live where its sub-zero and you can't see out your front window)
- I texted all my friend's Happy Earth Day!!
- I took the stairs up to my floor @ work. Its exercise and no elevator using for me!
- I made sure to have Happy Earth Day on my IM at work
- I gave all my co-workers on my team a CFL light bulb in honor of Earth Day
- Opened the blinds more at work to let more sunshine in
- I turned my computer off when I left work. They don't like that, but they'll hardly notice. I personally despise that they keep all the computers on sleep mode instead of turning them off!!!!!
- I stopped at the little Fruit/Veggie Stand on my way home--its on the way home no detours or extra miles needed and I'm supporting a local business.
- I drove the speed limit
- We made dinner, no eating out today.
So that was just for today. Obviously I have other times when I do more exciting earth friendly things, but I just wanted to give you a little snapshot of what you could also do on a daily basis and what little you do does make a difference. People notice.
What did you do today for Earth Day??
I think I"m also going to go plant the little Hydrangea bush my mom gave me for Easter...its probably time I do that!