Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all my buddies out there in Greenie Land!
I hope you and your family have a safe and wonderful Christmas! Keeping in mind that Christmas is NOT about how many gifts you get or give, but that its a celebration of Jesus's birthday!
Happy Birthday Jesus!!! And to think Jesus doesn't even need presents because we are his presents!!!

Speaking of presents....this has been a hard year for us financially. We are really scraping by to keep our son in Private school because it means so much to us. However, Christmas is very tight this year and although we have been preparing Noah for the fact he's not going to be getting a lot for Christmas this year -- I still don't think his little 9 yr old brain is able to comprehend that thought.
I wish I could say I had taught my son at a young age that its not about presents and "getting stuff" but I didn't. Looking back I wish I had to prepare him for the possible lean years we might have.
Shopping this year was hard. I just couldn't bring myself to buy stuff with so much packaging and honestly I think like most moms I worry about the lead content in my kids toys. Never thought I would reach a point in my life where I worried about that! Sure he's 9 yrs old, but sometimes I do still find him chewing on toys while staring off into space. I guess its no different then chewing on a pencil! STILL!
I have decided that my son is completely commercialized and it makes me sad. When commercials come onto TV he's all about saying, "I want that!" "Can I get that??" And no matter how much I remind him to be thankful for what he has instead of wanting more more MORE--alas, it falls on deaf ears.

I hope that one day he'll appreciate the sacrifices his parents made for his education. For now, we realize that isn't the case because he is young. We are really hoping that he becomes less and less interested in getting "stuff" and more and more interested in helping people.

Blessings to you for 2008!
Who knows what this next year may bring, but I'm excited for what is to come!

No comments: