Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Slacker Blogger!!

Ok so I really haven't written any good posts lately and have been a tad on the lazy side when it comes to my "green ideas."

However I have been thinking -- a lot in fact -- about how I'm going to step it up a notch this new year for green living.

Last year I started changing my habits and living more green somewhere around October-ish if I remember correctly. I was inspired when a friend (Hi Mary!! Frantic Waving!) mentioned she really liked listening to Rob Bell of Mars Hill in Michigan. So I started to listen to him and he had a sermon about living Green because God is Green. It inspired me to live even greener then I did then. I thought I was doing a lot for the enviroment, but really realized there was more I could do. I HIGHLY recommend digging up the sermon series, God is Green from Mars Hill. It makes you think--a lot! Not to mention reading the book, Serve God Save the Planet--life changer!

So what I plan on doing in '08 isn't really mapped out yet, but I'm going to keep doing what I do now, keep educating myself about these issues (never stop learning right!?) and keep on spreading the word. Thats a pretty good start!

1 comment:

A Rocha USA said...

Hi, my name is Dustin and I work with Christians in Conservation: A Rocha USA. I noticed that you mentioned the book "Serve God, Save the Planet" in your post, and I thought that you might like to know that sponsors its author, Dr. Matthew Sleeth, as a "creation care evangelist." We would love for you to check us out at our website, en.arocha.org/usa. You might also be interested in the website for Dr. Sleeth's book, www.servegodsavetheplanet.org.