This is according to Co-Op America and I completely agree with these items. Hubby was all smug when he read the list, "We haven't bought these things in so long." Yes dear, you are correct.
Check them out and see if you can stop buying these things too!
1. Styrofoam Cups
2. Paper Towels
3. Bleached Coffee Filters
4. Teak & Mahogany
5. Chemical pesticides & herbicides
6. Conventional household cleaners
7. Toys made with PVC plastic
8. Plastic forks & spoons (or any plastic cutlery)
9. Farm raised Salmon
To find out why you should never buy these things again, check out their unshopping list.
And here is MY list of the things you should never buy again, or at least use in moderation.
1. Kleenex. I'll write about my hanky usage later.
2. Anything with Phthalates & Parabens. These are things that cosmetic companies use and have been linked to things like birth defects, cancer and all that fun stuff. For more info on these things click HERE.
3. Zip-loc bags. Ok I'll admit I still use these because I have them leftover for when Noah goes on field trips and he has to throw away his lunch stuff. But I don't use them unless absolutely necessary.
4. Bottled Water. I wrote about this on another blog I write for here.
5. Newspapers. People you are using the Internet right now -- go check out your newspaper online. You can find more news there anyway and its updated more often.