Obviously I have a lot of personal goals, but here are my "Green Goals" for 2009
- Add another raised garden and grow even more then last year.
- Have chickens.
- Install another rain barrel.
- To go ONE month without buying anything new (and then raise the bar to longer periods)
- Have a Successful Serve God Save the Planet Bible Study
- Use the heck out of my outdoor drying rack!
- Learn to bake bread and actually get GOOD at it!
- Give away more stuff.
- Donate more and more and more to those in need.
- Volunteer in something eco-related.
- Shop more at the Farmers Market this spring/summer for produce I can't grow myself.
- Grow more herbs.
- Buy more organic items.
- Try to sew that Quilt I swear I'm going to make!
- Continue this year with no Cable.
- Consider what else in my life is not very sustainable and keep educating myself!!
Yes, many of my goals could be done in a month, but its something. I really hope to make this a stellar year green-wise, but I don't want to set myself up to fail. I hope your goals spur you to consider all the changes you can make too!