Sunday, December 28, 2008

2009 Goals

So I have decided to make some pretty heafty goals for myself this year. Well, not TOO heafty as I actually WANT to achieve them!

Obviously I have a lot of personal goals, but here are my "Green Goals" for 2009

  1. Add another raised garden and grow even more then last year.
  2. Have chickens.
  3. Install another rain barrel.
  4. To go ONE month without buying anything new (and then raise the bar to longer periods)
  5. Have a Successful Serve God Save the Planet Bible Study
  6. Use the heck out of my outdoor drying rack!
  7. Learn to bake bread and actually get GOOD at it!
  8. Give away more stuff.
  9. Donate more and more and more to those in need.
  10. Volunteer in something eco-related.
  11. Shop more at the Farmers Market this spring/summer for produce I can't grow myself.
  12. Grow more herbs.
  13. Buy more organic items.
  14. Try to sew that Quilt I swear I'm going to make!
  15. Continue this year with no Cable.
  16. Consider what else in my life is not very sustainable and keep educating myself!!

Yes, many of my goals could be done in a month, but its something. I really hope to make this a stellar year green-wise, but I don't want to set myself up to fail. I hope your goals spur you to consider all the changes you can make too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your goals. You are an inspiration, I would love to be self sufficient.
Helen