Thursday, January 29, 2009

Environmental Scripture References

So I just wanted to apologize for sounding so brash & down in the dumps in my last 2 posts before I get going here. It was just a bit uncalled for. I realized after I wrote it I probably sounded pretty nuts.
So I'm done being like a crazy person and I'm trying to pull myself out of my funk. I know where my funk came from and it shouldn't have been used as word vomit all over my blog. I'll try a little harder to be more aware of expressing my frustrations on here and try to just stick to the goal at hand!

Where I am at right now is my sense of wondering what do I truly believe. So I found a book by Dr Matthew Sleeth MD's Daughter, Emma Sleeth who wrote about being green for young teens/young adults. But at the back of her book she lists scriptures that have environmental references in them so I thought I would share them.

So here is your "smoking gun" when fighting those who say God doesn't really care about our planet or the environment we live in. I'm going to leave them for you to look up yourself because there are so many.
  1. Genesis 1:1, 31
  2. Geneiss 9:9-10
  3. Leviticus 25:18-19, 23
  4. Deuteronomy 10:14
  5. Joshua 2:11b
  6. Nehemiah 9:6
  7. Psalm 19:1-4
  8. Psalm 24:1
  9. Psalm 98:7-9
  10. Psalm 104:24-25
  11. Isaiah 35:1-2,6
  12. Isaiah 40:12, 26
  13. Isaiah 43:20
  14. Hosea 4:1-3
  15. John 1:3
  16. Colossians 1:15-16, 19-20
  17. Revelation 4:11
  18. Revelation 11:18

And I also want to mention that the Bible mentions Trees about 1,000 times throughout the scriptures. OH and his Son was a carpenter and died on a tree. I think Trees might ahve been somewhat important to God....at least a few times!

But my favorite scripture is John 3:16, "For God so loved the WORLD he sent his one and only son." (emphasis mine) He loved the WORLD. It didn't say for God so loved just his people, but the World and Everything in it. Ok Ok I'm pushing it I know, but consider it. Think about it. I do agree that God's most precious creation is his People, even more so then trees! ;)

No comments: