- When I ride past a Prius, I feel all smug like I out did them. Take that low emission car-- my bikes got NO emissions. HAH!
- I can cut thru parking lots without fear of a ticket.
- While everyone else is lined up at the light, I keep right on going to the front of the line. Oh yeah. (I do obey the traffic laws though. I'm not one of those bikers that thinks I have the right away everywhere. now THATS annoying)
- I always get to park right in the front. Like right next to the entrance. What car can say they can do that?!
- I can never lock myself out.
- I won't over shop and buy what I don't need because I don't have room for it. I barely have room for my purse.
- I know people look at me while riding and feel sorry for me that I'm on a bike, but I feel empowered. I feel like I'm taking charge of my health and my well being by being on a bike in the first place.
- I can see into people's backyards.
- I can go under the speed limit and no one cares!
- I really do get to feel the wind on my face.
- No one arm tan for me. I can get a whole body tan (depending on much skin is showing)
- Sure I can get helmet hair sometimes, but it beats having convertible hair.
- People are usually really nice to bikers and let me cross more often then walkers. I'm faster.
- I can easily change my bike color if I really wanted too. I haven't yet, but if I wanted to it would be cheaper and faster then repainting my car.
- I don't freak out about scratches or dings on my bike body. Meh.
- I don't need insurance! I have health insurance so that pretty much covers me.
There you go. I know I'm being silly in some of these, but really they are true. I don't know that I'll ever get one of those tight bike outfits or not. I do have the pants, but the top kind of makes me shudder a little bit.
Picture is from HERE.