Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Hyland's Follow Up

Ok so awhile back I wrote a post about Homeopathic Medicines. I had gone and bought Hyland's to try it out because the lady who worked in the Organic section at Fred Meyer said people rave about it. SO I figured what the heck.

So I picked up the one for Sinus one and one for Insomnia. I used the sinus one with doubts. I really needed it to help me get better because I was having surgery in about 2 weeks. You can't have surgery when you have a cold.
Would I say it healed me? Err, no. No medicine does. However, I will say it did help my nose be less clogged. I mean literally I could blow my nose and actually feel some relief in my sinus's. I was impressed and pleasantly surprised.
The nice thing about Hylands is you don't swallow it. You put them under your tongue and they melt in your mouth. They have little taste too.

Noah got a pretty good cold not long after me so I figured I would try the Sniffles n' Sneezes for kids. After all, I was impressed with what it did for me! Noah catches colds pretty easily during the winter. What kid doesn't?
So the kid one they have to take every 15 min until the symptoms subside. Obviously that isn't always possible. I can't expect my 9 yr old to take pills to school and some how administer them to himself. Besides, the pills are REALLY tiny and he'd probably spill them.
Anyway, they worked pretty good for him. He was able to breathe a bit better and blow his nose.

All in all, my experience with Hylands was great. I've been taking the Insomnia pills on those nights where I just can't sleep, but don't want to take a real sleeping pill. In the past when I took sleeping pills I found I woke up in 4 hours ready to go! And it might be 3am. So then I have to take 2 and 2 pills for someone my size is like, "bye bye Marcie--see you in 9 hours."
So these have been a good alternative.

I would recommend any of the ones I tried. I heard that the Hyland's Teething products are great. I don't have a kid to try it out on, but I would at least be comforted in knowing its safe for my baby if I did use it.

Try it out & let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Nina said...

I love Hylands stuff too! I started out using the teething tablets and then later I tried the sniffles and sneezes. It seems to work for her and I like that I don't have to give her cold medicine since the new findings on them.

Brianna said...

Hey marcie, I just wanted to let you know that I was at Fred Meyer today and they have a coupon in their add that if you spend $75.00 you get 3 free reusable bags and you can then buy additional bags for 2 for a$1.00 instead of $1.00 a piece. I got 3 free today and bought 4 more. Then you get a discount of .05 per bag everytime you use them. Thought you'd like to know!