Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cleaning the Bathroom


Personally I loathe cleaning the bathroom. I like the look afterwards, but the cleaning process it self makes me shudder. I especially hate cleaning the shower/tub. Our tub is pretty much a small lake so I have to STRETCH all the way across the thing while perched on the other side to scrub it.
But I clean with the MOST possible green options out there. Obviously people clean with a lot of bleach in the bathroom, but cannot stand bleach - it gives me a raging headache. I will however use Seventh Generations Bleach if I feel the need to SUPER clean something.
Hubby brought this Scouring Powder by Seaside Naturals home awhile back, but it was hidden under the sink in my son's bathroom. I figured I would give it a try since I'm getting low on my baking soda and I needed something with a bit more grit in it to scrub the tub.
It ended up working out really well!
Best part is I can name and understand the ingredients on the label. Here is the ingredient listing: Baking Soda (I know what that is!!!), Borax, Washing Soda, Sodium Perborate, Clay and a blend of pure essential Oils. That's it! Best part is I honestly do know what each item is an know that its safe for me not only use, but also safe to use around Noah and my dogs. 100% to the core! Gotta love it!
I was impressed enough to check out their website and here is a little about them:

Seaside Naturals, Inc. manufactures and markets high quality all natural cleaning products. Seaside Naturals goal is to become a leading household brand for quality natural and organic home and personal care products.

The Company pays close attention to every ingredient used in its formulations to ensure each ingredient is classified as natural by the Natural Products Association and effectively serves its intended purpose while providing a pleasing aroma that is safe for people, animals, and the environment and adds value to the consumer's household.


They sell everything from that Scouring Powder to general cleaners -- all 100% Natural. Yay!

I'm not sure where Hubby bought this, but they do sell all their items online and have a listing of where its available. At the very least just know that you could also mix baking soda, borax and washing soda yourself to make a very similar powder. How much of each you would use I don't know yet, but I can honestly say its worth the extra time and effort to make your own cleaning items. If you don't want to do that know you can buy Seaside Naturals!

1 comment:

Stephanie Pierce said...

I'll have to try that out in Alaska, if there is any available up there! Otherwise, I'll stick to my all-time favorites--vinegar and baking soda.

Thanks for the heads-up on a great product! (And I shave with conditioner too.)